Interview / convo between Marco of Electric Dreams and Sean of Pendleslot

SlotsNZ

Marco Carvelho of Electric Dreams with Sean Fothersgill, owner of Pendleslot

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• SlotsNZ changed the title to Interview / convo between Marco of Electric Dreams and Sean of Pendleslot

Interesting, I am most of the way through it, will watch the rest later. As an AV professional I can't help but notice the roadcases and pelican cases in the background, but then there is some kind of phase and panning issue on Sean's mic!

I do find the perspective of those in the slot car retail industry quite interesting.

I was interested how Sean divided his customer base into three groups - the same three groups I categorised my customer base into when I ran a slot shop. 

• Like 1

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

4 hours ago, Slotspeed said:

Found that quite interesting too. I thought your shop was still active? Are you winding it down?

I actually sold up two years ago, and achieved level “fully retired” later that year.
My Slot.it, Policar and Sideways stock went with the agencies to a Christchurch importer wholesaler/retailer - their retail outlet is called Ironhorse Hobbies. They are doing well with them, the store manager Andrew is a big slot car racer and car builder in the club scene there. I still offer any tech advice needed (that has greatly decreased now).
Still keep in touch with Italy, we spent time with Maurizio in Milan in December. 

Scaleauto has more recently been picked up by Hobbies Plus - Gill Andrews, who is a lifelong supplier to “the dark side”, but happily races RTR in events as well. He has also taken on some other RTR products for NZ

The gaps now in NZ are the timing systems, track building supplies, DiFalco and Professor Motor (but Gill CAN bring that range in)
I still have wholesale accounts with them, but haven’t done any biz for a long time.