Slot It Cars

tsmsoccer

I was just going through my Slot It collection last night and I was wondering what if I was in the unfortunate position where I could only have one Slot It car and which one would it be.

Most of us have at least a couple of Slot It cars so which one to pick based on looks alone

Well after much agonizing here is my pick

mypic205.jpg

The Newman Porsche.

Charlie

I have a real soft spot for my Jaguer or my Lancia but I think my favourite is the one that Luke bullied me into buying for him after seeing it at the races.. hang on - that one's not mine. This one is sexy as sin I reckon..

5july34gr.jpg

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Hey I have the Kouros car too Vince, but I thought a gratuitous listing of all the cars I have may be gratuitous! :unsure:

(Hey guys - the wing on the left is the Silk Cut Jag I don't have 'cause it has nasty smoking pictures on it dang-nabbit and I may be think enough to take it up again 'cause I bought a purpley slot car! :o )

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

• 8 months later...

Trolling the back posts, i found this!

@ tsmsoccer, you pose this cruel question upon us, well now 8 months have past, and a few more SlotIt's have made their way into our colections, it becomes an even crueler question.

But i managed to narrow it down to two, the first is purely on looks alone.

42.jpg

The second because it is a great car to race.

22.jpg

But i might have to change that after i get to race SlotIt's again.

I think, even though it's a very ugly car, it will become the weapon of choice for racing.....

92.jpg

A bit off topic but my new lancia is really beaut to use on ninco track but the mclaren is a dud. Both straight out of the box and the difference is unbelievable. Almost put it in the bin and was never going to buy another slot it, BUT the lancia changed my mind cheers xr8

RUBBINS RACING SO HARDEN UP

A bit off topic but my new lancia is really beaut to use on ninco track but the mclaren is a dud. Both straight out of the box and the difference is unbelievable. Almost put it in the bin and was never going to buy another slot it, BUT the lancia changed my mind cheers xr8

Something is not right with that McLaren then.

They're a rocketship on our club Ninco track, slightly faster than the Nissan 390, and still faster than the Audi.

There's a few "orange peels" kicking round the club, and they're all equally efficient at passing all comers (apart from that &^#$%@ Ferrari 312 of Gregos).

One guy in our club has the new Lancia Martini car, I suspect the McLaren is still quicker going by casual looks at lap times.

One thing on my McLaren, and have read the same thing on another forum, "out of the box" one front wheel was rubbing against the base for the lights from memory. It would bind up on turns in one direction, and was not a happy puppy until Mr. Dremel came to town.

I had to grind a bit of plastic away to make it free spinning.

Edited by SlotsNZ

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I have had problems with my McLaren too. I have had to fit FLY tyres to it, to get the clearance on the Ninco track. Last few times it has ran, its a beaut. Still have to admit the Rothmans 962 is the fastest I have got though.

I am waiting for a Nissan to arrive, not that impressed with the Lancia

Okay, thanks for that, The Lancia is very smooth, needs (sorry !!) better magnets to keep up with the cars of the guys I race against.

The McLaren is planted, too much so, hence the change of tyres. I tried all the adjustment of the motor carrier, but it made no difference. The 962 ran amazingly well straight out of the box.

The XJR isn't as good, neither is the Audi or the Jagermeister 956

Can I just say "OH MY GOD" how fast are slot it's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been hanging in to a Goodwood Maclaren (Orange Special) still in the box with the intent to on sell it. Over the weekend I thought Bugger it and cracked the box open, after a few quick tweaks (a bit of oil, tyre true which it didn't really need as the tyres were pretty good anyway and a small turn of the motor mount screws) I was pulling 4 and a half second laps on my track........( hand timed) My Scaleys average 6 to 6 and a half seconds...

This is my first Slot it by the way and I want MORE, I just couldn't believe how good they are.......Quiet, smooth, fast but stable......Just brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!

"When you're racing, it's life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting"

• 1 month later...

Well its nearly a year since you first posed this question Charlie and when i first saw it I thought to myself " I'll have to have a bit of a think about this one",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I think I still need a bit more time ! Like you I tend to err in favour of the New Man Porsche but then I see all those little faces looking back at me and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well you know!

Not a fair question really!!! <_<

I was just reading my post in this tread from November last year and I only had 6 Slot.its Now I have 14 - how quickly things change.

I have to say my favorite is still the Slot.it Silk Cut Jag for driving, beautiful car!!!! Looking forward to the second Castrol Jag being released as I missed the first Castrol Jag.

Cheers Manic