A New Concept In 1/24Th Racing Is Borne.

Springbok Racer

Cam,

A masterpiece mate, fantastic.

We raced them tonight and the top seven guys were all one lap apart.....awesome bloody awesome. This is such a wonderful class - the cars are fast, they handle unbelievably and the racing is soooo close. The boys down in Adelaide are going to love racing these OAPR LMP's.

Cheers,

Jan

Oh no I just bought a second had lola with the same livery. Ray will be horror struck when my old banged up one goes past his new shiny!!!

That don't happen very often, Ratracer will have to wait until my new body is done so he can tell who it was that passed him :lol:

Thanks for the body Jan

Hey Cam great job can't wait to get the beasty. Fantastic attention to detail. Thanks also to Garry J for his new chassis and kind tuning tips.

I have a personal connection to this car it nearly run me over in the crowded pits at Le Mans last year

Gulf-Aston-Martin03_zpsmgta4zse.jpg

Gulf-Aston-Martin01_zpsfatuf101.jpg

gGulf-Aston-Martin02_zpsshfyfcyh.jpg

DSC_4111_zpsggvl4pjm.jpg

Looking forward to the upcoming enduro and the battle with Big Mick.

Ray

Edited by Ratracer

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Awesome work as always Cam . Love detail and as Ray has said you have nailed it . Looking forward to racing one this weekend for the first time . One practice session only and I already love it . Hope that this series of cars continues to grow .

Cheers Pagey

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all TBird's is running a 1:24 series with the next two being the LMP cars a sprint round this Saturday and a 4 Hour Enduro next Saturday. We ran the Slotworx's V8's in January, the LMP's over the next two weekends, ScaleAuto's in May, Plafit CANAM in July, the annual 8 hour enduro in October and Plafit Mini Z in December.

After racing last night a number of the LMP's made a photo shoot opportunity just to gain some interest. The LMP class which is being promoted by Frank and Robbo at our club. We will be running two classes both the open LMP and Plafit LMP with the Plafit's running differnt gearing to make up for the performance differential.

LMP01_zpszyoulxgt.jpg

LMP02_zpsnbftuxsc.jpg

Edited by Ratracer

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

Team Thunderbird

Awesome stuff ,enjoy the racing both those cars a great to drive . Fantastic that your club is racing different cars in enduros . The cars you have picked to run are all great fun . Some very good looking cars on that grid , well done to all .

Cheers Pagey

Hi Ray,

Good to see you guys are getting into the OAPR LMP's. At EE.au we also allow guys with the Plafit FLM's to run in the same race - we also encourage them to use the Cheetah motors, because as you say - they need a bit of extra help to stay out the way of the big gun LMP's. Actually reminds one a bit of 1:1 racing where everyone has to get out the way of the 919's and the R18's as they gather in the rest of the field quite rapidly.

Keep pushing what you guys are doing - all the enduro racing is fantastic for a positive spirit around the racing joint.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

The sprint race came and went this weekend as a fore runner to the enduro on the 19th of this month. I will get up ratracer to post the results for us. He had a car issue that left him on the side lines so I reckon he will have noticed who won :P.

I am not holding my breath on a repeat result at the enduro. 4 hours is a long time with a blue face :huh:

Mick

Edited by BigMick

Hi all I will try and get the results off of the system on Wednesday Night and post them.

Here is a photo of the qualifying grid just prior to the start of racing.

I had a couple of issues (car would not brake) after the start of racing and pulled out to save the car for the endure next week, but it is the quickest I have ever been around the track.

Boy Mick why do I feel like I have a target painted on my back??? Kash15394 put a hex on my car Wednesday night I think it is still active LOL.

Ray

Grid01_zps4h0vinxa.jpg

Ray

Edited by Ratracer

Team Thunderbird

Hi all I will try and get the results off of the system on Wednesday Night and post them.

Here is a photo of the qualifying grid just prior to the start of racing.

I had a couple of issues (car would not brake) after the start of racing and pulled out to save the car for the endure next week, but it is the quickest I have ever been around the track.

Boy Mick why do I feel like I have a target painted on my back??? Kash15394 put a hex on my car Wednesday night I think it is still active LOL.

Ray

Grid01_zps4h0vinxa.jpg

Ray

You do have a target on your back you old bugger, love how fast that car is and if Kev can do hexs we will have to have a whip round on Friday to get a new one put on. Yes we fear the LOLA :ph34r:

Hope you don't have any issues this time mate it was a shame and I mean that. I have had the frustration of mechanical fail it stuffs up the whole day.

We will have to wait for the show down of the Lola V Presca for another day I am in a plafit team for the enduro

See you Saturday Mick

Hi Jan, went through a checklist after the race, different controllers, different lanes, played with the braids, did not reoccur. So still a bit of a mystery.

He controller is a new Carsteen, cleaned before racing and after so ..... not sure. Will have another run tomorrow night.

Ray

Team Thunderbird

Hi Jan, went through a checklist after the race, different controllers, different lanes, played with the braids, did not reoccur. So still a bit of a mystery.

He controller is a new Carsteen, cleaned before racing and after so ..... not sure. Will have another run tomorrow night.

Ray

Pm sent.

Lola ??????

It's an Aston Martin isn't it, or are you talking about another car.

Anyway if a car goes it has brakes unless the controller is set otherwise or is malfunctioning.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

There are other possibilities, such as no negative wire to the controller socket on the track. Although if that were the case I suspect some of the fancier controllers wouldn't work.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Lola ??????

It's an Aston Martin isn't it, or are you talking about another car.

Hi Garry,

You are both talking about the same car I think. From my recall, the Aston Martin LMP was originally developed incooperation with Lola - I guess that is why many also refer to it as the Lola Aston Martin. A lot of our racers use the same body, add the shark fin and turn it into the modern Lola versions.

Great looking car either way - especially with the Gulf livery.

Cheers,

Jan