Round 9 - Manx Rally - Part 2

slotcarmann

Morning folks

The day has started with torrential rain and standing water, so slicks are not an option...! :lol: My patio is under water, which is not unusual this summer. :blink:

Round 2 starts about 1430 today UK time, again with the Glencrutchery Road section, but being run in the reverse direction this time. Andy White will drive once again, and I will be marshalling and timekeeping with the Ninco N-scorer. Results will be available later tonight.

Tomorrow sees Mike Buss's Pooil Vaaish stage, a Scaley track on an 8x4 board: he will be driving, with Barbara and me marshalling.

On Sunday, we return for the killer stage of the Manx Hill Climb :o , run in the opposite direction to last time, with Andy driving again and me, possibly Barbara, and A N Other marshalling (hopefully).

Good luck all, more news and hopefully photos etc later!

So can someone please pin this topic?

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been precipitating persistently here since about 8pm last night. Had to put waders on to cross from the house to the toy room this afternoon.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Profuse precipitation here in Old South Wales too. Apparently, in Lissingdown, it's ...................................

Countdown timer ticking away to end of stage........... Proxy slotters biting their nails down to the quick...............

Good luck everyone.

wosautos12.gif

OK folks

Andy White and I successfully ran Stage 1 of the Round 9 from 2pm this afternoon, finished about 7pm.

Just had a late meal and will knock the spreadsheet into shape and make available for posting very shortly.

I know who was first, but not yet any of the other positions.

Suffice it to say for the time being, that it was a UK car that took top spot this time on the Glencrutchery Road Stage, which was run in the reverse direction. Instead of 20 laps of the track, this time we ran 22 to make it an even more gruelling test of the cars. As is the norm, there were some surprises, but some of the usual suspects did well.

The only car problem was a screw loose - on car 59...! :o It dropped into the track slot, and I just managed to retrieve it before Martyn's pride and joy arrived back at the scene of the incident on the following lap - disaster avoided! :rolleyes: The wayward screw is now back in situ, where it should have been all along.

More info shortly.

Cheers

Dave

Woohoo ! A stage win, my car seems to be going ok on the IoM.

At this rate dave I will owe you a classic win at Farnham.

The ups and downs of this proxy are fascinating, although the one constant does seem to be the man from Greece, whose either winning or thereabouts.

Congrats on the stage results Matt, Kai (Go team Mitsi!) and Alexis.

Massively different result on that track in reverse direction.

I was trying to ignore the fact that Dave had snuck ahead Snurf. Hoping it's only a temporary problem. With luck (lots of) I can get ahead of him again on the next stage. 'Cause I don't fancy my chances on the hill climb again. Even in reverse.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Aha, I guess my long reverse gear will play dividends on the hill climb ;0)

The three tracks in this round are belters. Very exciting to drive, with some really tricky corners in each that are really satisfying to hit just right. Looking forward to tomorrow.

wosautos12.gif

9th is good. In fact all Team Umbria cars did quite well on this one. All the regulars above me so I may still hold on to my lead as the highest place non-podium car. :wacko: What an honour!

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy