Show Us Your Mini Z

Chris1810

As most on here Respect for Cam but that NSX bullet we had in the last race here at Tbird was on a 1700. Most people running the 1900 here under GTJs are struggling with them. However when I consider myself and my club mates that might just be us not getting the things right. Plafit racing is still in its infancy here in Adelaide

I note you can only use the 1900.. not the 1900"S" ( any difference other than sidepans? ) Anyone done a build article on this chassis,

And if you buy the 1900 what other side pan bits are needed? Werner, maybe you can post something here.

Footnote #1: Just found the answer in Plafit product news old though feb 2015. 1900 for smaller cars - i.e. Mini Z

1900s for larger cars like GTJ

Footnote #2: Must be something more recent - No info on side pans in above 2015 article .

Edited by axman

You'll need the "U" mounts from the S chassis, that bolt on to the body mounts of your choice, I have used the original non S one on the short tail McLaren in the pic I posted before. but you can't slide the body mounts forward or backward, or side to side.

https://www.acehobbies.com.au/store/product/plafit1906S/category_pathway-51

The top two are the S mounts, the bottom one comes with the non S chassis.

8be28f60194cbecef8ae3f99b357e70d_zpsvsi1hadu.jpg

The top left one offers the most adjustment.

I had a "new" McLaren with a 1700, which I changed to 1900, and it went from a fast car, to a faster car that was easier to drive.

BigMick, I tried a 1900s under a JGT and It was just a pig, so went back to a 1700, but GregC won the APC with a 1900s that he fitted under a body and did nothing else.

Edited by espsix

Hi Brett

I know a few guys like Jason Kerr had 1900 chassis under something and it was a rocket. We just seem to be struggling here with the GTJs in general but as I said before Plafit racing only just got off the ground here in Adelaide this year

Mick

Edited by BigMick

Gtj seem to be a different animal with a 1900, I wasn't able to get it to work last year. Having said that, my 1900 mz last year only qualified about 4th from memory. It was nice to drive and very forgiving, good enough to get me into 2nd spot in the end. I don't think there is a huge difference between the 2, driving style mostly.

Edited by Camber

Hoo Roo

I've got 3 Mini Z's myself.

Enzo Ferrari @ 155g, Honda HSV-010 @ 160g and an Audi R8 @ 165g.

The Enzo has the 1900 chassis and the other 2 have the 1700 chassis.

Seems to me I've got it covered.

Cheers

ding... :P

Steve Drummond

The Asylum Raceway    The home of Lunatic Racing

Member of the Q32 slotcar group

I've got 3 Mini Z's myself.

Enzo Ferrari @ 155g, Honda HSV-010 @ 160g and an Audi R8 @ 165g.

The Enzo has the 1900 chassis and the other 2 have the 1700 chassis.

Seems to me I've got it covered.

Cheers

So we'll be seeing you in Adelaide?

Hoo Roo

Hi Cam,

Yes mate I'll be there. It seems that there will be a few from Queensland making the trip.

Will be a great race meet....

Steve Drummond

The Asylum Raceway    The home of Lunatic Racing

Member of the Q32 slotcar group

• 1 month later...