HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

Nice one Munter, lots of info there. - quoting, so it comes back up on the current page of our thread.

Hey I love it, we haven't even finalised the rules yet, and the trash talking is underway.

Dave, broken your lap record yet?

Some GT3 options

Maserati Coupe Grand Sportif Light GT3-002 Dodge Viper Competition Coupe GT3-003 Aston Martin DBRS9 GT3-004 Lamborghini Gallardo LP600 GT3 GT3-005 Corvette Z06.R GT3 GT3-006 Ascari KZ1 GT3 GT3-007 Porsche 997 GT3 Cup 2006 model only GT3-008 Venturi GT3 Heritage GT3-009 Ferrari F430 GT3 GT3-010 Ford Racing Mustang FR500C GT GT3-011 Ford GT GT3 Replaced by GT3-016 GT3-012 Jaguar XKR GT3 Homologation expired GT3-013 Morgan Aero 8 GT3 GT3-014 Lotus Exige GT3 GT3-015 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup S GT3-016 Ford GT GT3 GT3-017 Audi R8 LMS Includes R8 LMS ultra GT3-018 BMW Alpina B6 GT3 GT3-019 Ferrari 430 Scuderia GT3 GT3-020 Dodge Viper Competition Coupe Series 2 GT3-021 Jaguar XKR-S GT3 Homologation expired GT3-022 Morgan Aero Super Sport GT3-023 BMW Z4 GT3 GT3-024 Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+ GT3 Includes Gallardo FL2 GT3 GT3-025 Porsche 911 GT3 R GT3-026 Corvette Callaway Z06.R GT3 GT3-027 Ford Mustang VDS GT3 Homologation expired GT3-028 Mercedes-AMG SLS AMG GT3 GT3-029 Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 GT3-030 Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 GT3-031 McLaren MP4-12C GT3 GT3-032 Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 GT3-033 Chevrolet Camaro GT3 GT3-034 Maserati GranTurismo MC GT3 GT3-035 Bentley Continental GT3 GT3-036 Dodge Viper GT3-R GT3-037 McLaren 650S GT3 GT3-038 Audi R8 LMS

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

as for chassis I am happy with what Mark has put down

it gives guy's that want to run scaly etc cars the opportunity to swap to a chassis that will make their car more competitive if they wish to do so

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

I'm running the GT3-032 ASV or Aston Martin V12 Vantage, NSR :ph34r:

that car will look sweet as it fades away into the distance in my Merc's rear view mirror ;)

Look out Crocket from Bash Brother No. 1 aka The Demolition Man B)

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

I'm running the GT3-032 ASV or Aston Martin V12 Vantage, NSR :ph34r:

that car will look sweet as it fades away into the distance in my Merc's rear view mirror ;)

Look out Crocket from Bash Brother No. 1 aka The Demolition Man B)

you will have to get close enough first Brother No. 1

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

it means the forum software converted a symbol such as : into a text string....

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Well it looks like I have to go back to the drawing board for my GT3. Having told the magnetic effect with the existing motor will have and advantage over competitors which I agree with is outlawed but now the 19k motor now outlawed because its 1 watt over? This is really frustrating for me as I have to now re mod the mod for my car again. i have already done so to exclude the magnetic motor. I do not believe the 17k NSR (and its magnetic) will keep up with the 21k motors that run faster than what they state 23k .

Mark what was your 22k motor rated at? At Chris's track we were having similar time and I think yours was about .2 or .3 faster But both were competative. Why cant there a limit to RPM only? The idea for me is to build a car that excites me. If the GT3 motor rule is going to be how its proposed then i guess I will go back to building up another GT3 which I dont really want to do because I love the Z4.

This is frustrating.

I

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

Smithy

I THOUGHT you were planning on converting it to sidewinder

If so you wont need to be worried about mag effect

If I was tuning the nsr Z4 I would use the white hard chassis,hard sidewinder pod and the nsr 20k

With the right gearing that should be a very competitive car

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Maybe we should make the baby king (17k) the only eligible long can motor. If it proves too dominant on Chris' track, then we could insist on tapeing the underside of the motor to negate the magnetic effect.

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

Will see what happens Craig. Im just a little angry at the moment because my money is being spent on stuff that is being outlawed by the day. Will have to buy on my next run to Damians :). I will see how the 19k goes. Maybe buy the sidewinder pod for it to give me options

Edited by Smithy

When did you buy the motor? We only discussed motors last night? Btw the Spanish King is a great motor. There are plenty of other cars you could use it in. Fly Capri being one of them. I have one in a Fly Capri and its great.

Edited by nvmyre

5 x National Champion

When did you buy the motor? We only discussed motors last night? Btw the Spanish King is a great motor. There are plenty of other cars you could use it in. Fly Capri being one of them. I have one in a Fly Capri and its great.

Yes I AGREE about the 19k Spanish king

It is a good motor

I remember slybone the highguy had one in a grp5 sideways Capri just before he left

And that was a very quick car

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

If GT3 is being dictated by watts output then this one must be legal??

NSR Shark (FC-130) 22,400 RPM/12v, tested 21,100 RPM/12v by Torquemadaslot

168 gcm/12v, 9.2W/12v

This is from the same place you got your info from Mark. I mean its under the threshhold isnt it? And dont say the RPM is too high because it was tested and it produced a lower RPM and the Slotits were highter rpm

Edited by Smithy

I can see this getting out of hand

We need to simplify and go for a rpm limit like it has been done in the past

Most of us prob don't really give a rats ass about wattage anyway

These motors are mass produced and have plenty of tolerance

So unless you are going to test everyones motor

I think we are just arguing about something that a small few care about

Edited by David Carter

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

If GT3 is being dictated by watts output then this one must be legal??

NSR Shark (FC-130) 22,400 RPM/12v, tested 21,100 RPM/12v by Torquemadaslot

168 gcm/12v, 9.2W/12v

This is from the same place you got your info from Mark. I mean its under the threshhold isnt it? And dont say the RPM is too high because it was tested and it produced a lower RPM and the Slotits were highter rpm

Yes Craig that motor is perfectly legal. Try not to focus on RPM. If you can find a 40k motor with less than 10w then that will also be fine. But I can assure you, a 20k motor with the same watts will be just as fast.

Edited by nvmyre

5 x National Champion

I can see this getting out of hand

We need to simplify and go for a rpm limit like it has been done in the past

Most of us prob don't really give a rats ass about wattage anyway

These motors are mass produced and have plenty of tolerance

So unless you are going to test everyones motor

I think we are just arguing about something that a small few care about

It's not getting out of hand at all. The idea is to find a small number of eligible motors for people to chose from. That nullifies any need to test motors. Motors of equal RPM are not necessarily equal in power.

5 x National Champion

The rules havent been defined as yet. I guess maybe I was too hasty purchasing. I dont feel I need to use a slot it motor in an NSR brand.Defeats the reasoning for buying an NSR car doesnt it? I would never have thought that the 19k NSR long can motor would be ineligible. I guess my point was when testing of motors, it show the variances you can get out of motors rpm and watts for that matter. Based on the info I found online at Slot Cars news motor list. From a potential three NSR motors that I would like to use it looks like I get 1 maybe 2 if accepted.

One question on the magnetic issue. There is only one track that has that which is Chris's track. The odds on the GT3 hitting that particular night would be not often so why dont we use a magnet when it does. I mean it would be sweet racing wouldnt it? Everyone has loads of magnets so why not?

Craig I would also love to run a spanish king in my NSR but they really are too powerful compared to a slot.it orange bell.

Re the magnets, I was never around in the magnet track days but from the stories I've heard it became a question of who could fit the most magnets in their car to gain an advantage, and got to the point where people could hold their trigger down and look away while their car raced around the track. If we were going to regulate the magnetic downforce you would have to measure using a magnet marshall to ensure people complied with the downforce limit.

I would have no problem if you ran a baby king with a piece of tape over the motor opening to dampen magnetic downforce.

5 x National Champion