2020 Touring Car Proxy

Sports Racer

Hi Sports Racer.

Would be interested in how NSR or other rubber tyres go as I have changed my urethane tyres to Slot-it N22 which are the favoured tyre here. Still plenty of time to change if necessary.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi

On the majority of the tracks we will be using urathane is the prefered tyre. I will be using Yellow dogs.

Cheers

Andrew

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.

Hi Sports Racer.

Would be interested in how NSR or other rubber tyres go as I have changed my urethane tyres to Slot-it N22 which are the favoured tyre here. Still plenty of time to change if necessary.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi

On the majority of the tracks we will be using urathane is the prefered tyre. I will be using Yellow dogs.

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew

You need to clear coat that ferrodor to take the sand paper roughness away....

Hi Andrew. Sounds like I need to change my tyres back to urethane. There is also the issue I believe of urethane tyres disadvantaging rubber tyred cars going on comments.

Perhaps rules should state whether rubber or urethane are to be used rather than giving the option.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi Sports Racer.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew

You need to clear coat that ferrodor to take the sand paper roughness away....

I haven't used Ferrodor for years, I only use semigloss now.

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.

Hi Gas41T.

Car looks great but is that a touring car. I would have thought car should at least be 4 door.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi Chas

194-DEE0-D-9224-4166-804-B-9-F03-A5-F14488.jpg

So the green & white Merc raced last year, ow I just checked it’s got a dirty old motor in it ...Then the Nissan R32 is also a touring car but it doesn’t have 4 doors....So I did my home work the Ferrari is a touring car it’s a Italian touring championship car

Hi Gas41T and Peter.

I note there is no definition in the rules but there is a comprehensive list of eligible cars which appear to be mainly saloon cars or the same with only 2 doors fitted. I note my BTCC BMW and Sierra only have 2 doors but appear to have same profile as 4 door models. My DTM Alfa definitely has 4 doors. I agree what constitutes a touring has become blurred in recent years but to my mind the subject car is clearly a GT. Does not particularly worry me either way. I am not sure whether Aussie V8 Mustang has four doors. I will be happy with Sports Racers decision but perhaps you already have his blessing.

Regards Chas Le Breton

PS. I note the Peugeot 406 Silhouette is specifically excluded. Clearly a Sports or GT car.

The Ferrari 250 GTO, Anglia and Ford GT are all clearly pre-1990 not post.

More important car has to be a RTR available vehicle (I take this as body and chassis) so my fairly standard but re-motored 2006 Aussie Holden is a good example.

C Le B

Edited by charlesx

No Ferrari is eligible in this proxy, despite what the Italians think.

There are rules for the chassis? Any material, any design, any chassis modifications are allowed as long as it fits under the body.

Racing won't start until late May/early June so still too early to send to me, I might lose it. :D

May the downforce be with you.

Thanks for clarification Sports Racer. I assume that means I could put a Slot-it motor mount in my Supercheap Holden V8 but not discard the original chassis completely. For example I could not replace chassis with a Slot-it HRS or 3D chassis and just use the Scalextric body. That would in my opinion not be in spirit of your rules.

Racers have the option to choose a more up-market Slot-it, NSR or Sideways model for example that would completely comply with the rules.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi Gas41T. What about a Ford Falcon. Sure you could build one that is much faster than my almost standard Scaly Supercheap Holden.

Alternatively perhaps you could enter the Slot-it Opel DTM car which is on Sports Racers list.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Hi Gas41T.

Excellent choice as long as it is Post 1990 to comply with rules. Mine is 2006 version of Supercheap Holden as you are aware. I was thinking of say a Dick Johnson special but any Falcon is fine. Greg Murphy was looking forward to having a joust with his old adversary. Best of luck with your build. I am sticking to the original Scaly sidewinder layout but car not very good at moment so who knows. Goes OK but might have to revamp gears which have gotten very noisy after two previous proxies.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi Gas41T. Yes I think that Falcon is about 1972-75 so sorry too early. Pity as it looks great.

Re Mercedes-AMG what model/brand is it based on. I am aware of several Scaly, SCX and Carrera ones. C Le B

Edited by charlesx

Hi Gas41T.

Pity about demise of Holden and Falcon cars. Currently watching V8 Utes racing in NZ. Couple of Holdens at front but hotly pursued by several Falcons.

Hope that young fellow behaving himself. Can he beat his Dad yet? My 3 boys are not interested (more into water sports) but have lots of fun with grand kids.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Racing will be late May / early June.

I normally clean tyres by spinning them on a damp cloth (water).

I don't know how well the BRM tyres will go but the 1/24 BRM Mini handles great on our tracks with standard tyres and the Revo (BRM) 1/32 cars are super quick on their standard tyres.

May the downforce be with you.