The end of the line

Have just cleared out my redundant proxy cars well they are not used now as there is nowhere to enter them, over the years gone i enjoyed the series down under being rally or road , the banter and the great people i met through the sport.

Remembering the OZ rally, Tasman cup series in fact looking back through my records there were around 6 or 7 differant events the group 5 such good cars and well attended , still run my BMW and still a good drive, miss it all but i guess time has come to just have the memories as it,s all gone now so just a couple of pictures of times gone by.

THE ATCC.10.MyCameroHawksBay.thumb.JPG.3174f3d819f5b374723417e26c3f4341.JPG

3.Round215-08-2015finished13th13141516_.thumb.JPG.539ad698b5993e74420a681c96ba8a91.JPG the group 5

7.OZrallyround4WagburnrallyHistorics30-11-2016.jpg.b1f33788cda49fb8679e766028491185.jpg th

The OZ rally

5..jpg.6aaed4058ac2660edf7cbf4a692f3c5d.jpg T

The TASMAN and all the rest i have not put up here , thanks for the memories guys and the friendship of slot car racing the proxy way.

• Like 1

State Side, the Camaro fits the Over 2.5Liter Trans Am proxy that happens every other year.  The BMW and Sierra the Quick Slicks Slip On Proxy.  And I hope the Group 5 returns one day soon.  Beautiful cars btw

Edited by Brumos RSR

Great support Peter, hope you still have them, your cars were (are) always competitive and you've been a great supporter over the years, hopefully we can get something going again.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

That would be great Gary always had a soft spot for racing down under , i am loath to part with them and they get the odd run out , have been looking back over theyears and often w9onder where the people are now as there was such a big following down under, and some of the tracks have stuck in my mind like Mt Panaroma that hill was interesting and the fun with the rally cars on some of the circuits if you set the car up right you could jump the humps whic was really something.

As was the Tasman have got my 3 old Lotus 24's on the shelf here ready for a grease up and a run out later.

1.InnesIrelandLotus24B.R.M..thumb.jpg.4240dd601bf1720eb9b28b41d683a016.jpg

2.TrevorTaylorLotus24B.R.M..thumb.jpg.36f2e92138684d6ba6467c88e196f262.jpg 

Pictures from the last Tasman series in 2021 nothing like this is around today.

I'm keen to try and start something up again but alas I'm now a couple of thousand kilometres west of the other two cohorts in Sydney, not much in the way of rally tracks here in WA, and not many interested plus being here makes the postage even worse just for Australia let alone the rest of the world, I do have a contact in Brunei and plan on meeting up with Mamoru in Tokyo next Wednesday (currently at sea heading for Osaka), he doesn't have a track of his own but there's a few around Japan, see how we go

Gary

7 hours ago, gazza said:

I'm keen to try and start something up again but alas I'm now a couple of thousand kilometres west of the other two cohorts in Sydney, not much in the way of rally tracks here in WA, and not many interested plus being here makes the postage even worse just for Australia let alone the rest of the world, I do have a contact in Brunei and plan on meeting up with Mamoru in Tokyo next Wednesday (currently at sea heading for Osaka), he doesn't have a track of his own but there's a few around Japan, see how we go

It would be nice to see some pictures from your Japan trip and meetup with Mamoru on here. 

44 minutes ago, Vinno said:

It would be nice to see some pictures from your Japan trip and meetup with Mamoru on here. 

All in the fullness of time young padowan. 

Gary

Morning Lads,

Last year Mike and Dave at WAR racing, held an event based roughly on  the Tasman series, The Gold Star.

All classics into different categories.

Was a great day.

This year (next weekend) Mike is hosting an F1 event.

Taman cars (as we used to run them) original spec. Classics ans Modern  F1 

Three classes over the two tracks he has. 

Should be a great day  of the little F1s. 

Thanks,

Paul 

IMG_5236.jpg

IMG_5237.jpg

IMG_5245.PNG

IMG_5244.PNG