Computers!!!

Yngwie

Our work place is about to get rid of a number of computers and 17 inch monitors which are quite decently specced for lap timing. ie (all are pentium 4's with at least 512 Mb memory) If anybody in the Sydney region wants one let me know and I will see what I can do. The decision about what to do with them is coming fast.

Regards

Edited by Yngwie

Our work place is about to get rid of a number of computers and 17 inch monitors which are quite decently specced for lap timing. ie (all are pentium 4's with at least 512 Mb memory) If anybody in the Sydney region wants one let me know and I will see what I can do. The decision about what to do with them is coming fast.

Regards

I should have mentioned in the post. These machines will be FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Tvwino .. not a problem Mike.

I will have a count tomorrow of how many there are. As I say they will be perfect for lap timing. The oly thing I must stipulate is that due to licensing restrictions I will have to wipe the current operating system off of them (Windows XP) as I will be in trouble from the evil empire Micro$oft but otherwise it should be fine.

Ok guys. Had a quick scrounge around and every one who has PM'ed me will get what they asked for. I have to get their hard drives wiped and I will arrange for a few of the kids here to give them a clean with rubbing alcohol. Hopefully I will have them home by the weekend and will we can organise some way for them to be distributed.

I can store them for a little while if that suits many of you but as there will be many of them, I really dont want a pile of PC's and monitors taking up the other side of the garage for overly long.

On a side note, not all have 512MB of memory unfortunately. All have at least 256 though. I think this is more than adequate for lap timing but I will do my best to sabotage other machines deemed "recylable" to upgrade the memory that you guys will receive.

Regards

Another update. I have kids working on them but it seems that they will not be ready this weekend. They should be definites by next weekend. I was thinking, since many of you are coming to pick them up, that maybe we can have a race night at my place. My track has never really been tested by serious slotters in any form of competition before (mates who hit the wall dont count) so if interested please let me know so I can organise something (maybe next Friday or Saturday night). Invitation open to anybody else who might be interested.

Regards

Very interested in the race night, however will have to get back to you on that. We are moving that week so as you can imagine, I've got heaps of things planned for me to do. Can pick up the PC but don't know how long I can stick around for. Will PM when I know more.

Edited by schuey19

Another update. I have kids working on them but it seems that they will not be ready this weekend. They should be definites by next weekend. I was thinking, since many of you are coming to pick them up, that maybe we can have a race night at my place. My track has never really been tested by serious slotters in any form of competition before (mates who hit the wall dont count) so if interested please let me know so I can organise something (maybe next Friday or Saturday night). Invitation open to anybody else who might be interested.

Regards

I'm not picking up a computer but I would be interested in trying my hand on a routed track. I'd like to come if not a problem.

"Experience is what you get just after you needed it." - Stephen Wright

Regards

I'm not picking up a computer but I would be interested in trying my hand on a routed track. I'd like to come if not a problem.

Sure Turbo, more than welcome!

Regards

Sure Turbo, more than welcome!

UPDATE! The computers are more or less ready but I now realise that I have 12 computers and monitors to cart in a sedan! So what I might do is take a few home a day (maybe 2) and then anyone who is desperate for one can pick theirs up first. Also, the race day will have to be called off because I forgot to check our social calendar (does any man know what one is?) and we have a dinner on elsewhere. Another time.

I will have a couple ready tomorrow so I will let you know if you email me when you are likely to come. By the way, I am over in Epping!