New Layout For Home Tracks

Jacob

Hi all,

The staff have been in discussion on how we can improve the current setup for "Members Home Tracks" as there are so many topics there now, and it can be quite difficult to find specific tracks. The Track Index is good, but without constant updates it becomes quite useless for all the new tracks (plus updates take a long time to complete!). We've opted to split up tracks into Australian States (plus NZ), and then a separate section for International tracks. Over the next few days we hope to start moving topics into their appropriate sections, and new topic posting will be turned off in the main sections. We ask you to please post any new topics into their sections based on location.

I'll also be looking at allowing for better identification of some proxy tracks (perhaps banners to go in the topic, plus pin to the top of the forum), just ideas at this stage.

Also any other ideas for improvement, feel free to post below.

Think the routed/plastic identification is a valid one Jacob, speaking from the plastic side of the world. Not that valid ideas can't flow from one to the other. But there's probably a whole section of the forum that's not interested in the plastic world at all.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Once separated into states there may end up too many catagories if it is split into plastic and routed. Being a routed owner I do tend to not look at the plastic sections of other forums as much as when I had plastic.

Dare I suggest carve it up between east coast, west coast, central and far eastern territories (NZ) with perhaps state in the title? Just seems that people more likely move in bands North/South.

Putting things in boxes is never fun and always a thankless task.

And BTW thanx staff and others for an informative and friendly place to learn.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

You have four main groups of tracks.

Routed Anolouge

Routed Digital

Plastic Anolouge

Plastic Digital

All need to be seperated, but having this in the sub title would be enough.

Is there a way that you can have a tick box when you start the topic and it will tag the sub title with your choice?

States is a good Idea for groups.

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Thanks for the ideas, I'll discuss with the rest of the staff and see if we need to revise. I'm not a coder so the ideas of checkboxes and stuff - I really don't know yet. It'd be possible, hopefully someone has already done it and has the code available if we went that way.