skulldrifter

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Test...

https://www.dropbox.....39.05.jpg?dl=0

Nup, can't work it out - I can get a link to an image but can't post the image.

Techy son may have a clue - I'll ask when he returns.

Edited by I Am The Walrus

A wise man once said... "Its not the mistakes you make , its how you respond to them that matters."

(It wasn't me)

• 1 month later...

Have been tying to post some pictures over the last few days and for some reason it won't happen (neither Flikr or Photbucket). I now get this messageas soon as I try to go back and try again.

"Some of the options have been changed. Are you sure to close the dialog"

What Internet browser are you lads using? There are known issues with Explorer that we can't do anything about.

Posting from Photobucket is a simple case of copying and pasting the appropriate link. No button required on the forum. Not sure about other hosting sites.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Cant do it in a PM or a thread.....

Some times the keyboard is missing letters unless you type like a two finger policeman

Ahhhh, I recognise that problem, I have that on my Tablet using IE

But I suspect it is an incompatibility between IE and the forum software, have you tried using "Compatibility mode" on your browser -somewhere in the Internet options. It fixed IE for use here on my main laptop.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Yep, this issue has been around since IE9...

This issue can be quite frustrating...

Here is a previous post that has helped a few users get this site working correctly again...

Seems to be lots of issues with this site and IE...

http://www.auslot.co...osting-pictures

Most of them can be solved by using 'compatability mode' which forces the browser to use IE7 mode.

ie-compatibility-mode.jpeg

IE9 and 10 have it next to the address bar...

IE11 is a little different...

From http://msdn.microsof...y/dn321449.aspx

What if I still need Compatibility View?

There might be extenuating circumstances in your company, which require you to continue to use Compatibility View. In this situation, this process should be viewed strictly as a workaround. You should work with the website vendor to make sure that the affected pages are updated to match the latest web standards. The functionality described here is currently deprecated and will be removed at a time in the future.

To change your Compatibility View settings

1. Open Internet Explorer for the desktop, click Tools, and then click Compatibility View settings.
  2. In the Compatibility View Settings box, add the problematic website URL, and then click Add.
    Compatibility View is turned on for this single website, for this specific computer.
  3. Decide if you want your intranet sites displayed using Compatibility View, decide whether to use Microsoft compatibility lists, and then click Close.

Edited by shadow_rusty

Congrats guys...

Glad you both got it all working...

ps. love the Colour of your cat there aquakiwi... Would be a great cat for an oompa loompa.

Take heart Alan, as they age, they catch and kill less cars... unless you forget to dish up their afternoon tea . . in which case all bets are off.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Congrats guys...

Glad you both got it all working...

ps. love the Colour of your cat there aquakiwi... Would be a great cat for an oompa loompa.

wouldn't be wanting aquakiwi's cat any where near my 'oompa loompas'

Dead right he frequently draws blood.............mine.

Must be related to this cat...

iJMpkWb.gifRSXtG5C.gif

Or possibly this one...

uXcCCPF.gif

• 11 months later...
  • Jacob unpinned this topic