HBMRC - Hawkes Bay, NZ

12 hours ago, charlesx said:

Hobbies Plus also have I think the Nonno brand but I have no first hand info' on them either. Not sure whether they are all plastic - a pre-requisite for RTR.

Regards Charles Le Breton

Metal chassis, soft body, two strikes out.

I will not get to the venue until 6:50 wherever it is. One more question regarding muscle class. Can we expand the years on this class? Pre and post 70s. I have the IROC which is 80s but I would love to run later versions of the muscle cars etc etc. Just asking. 

Edited by Smithy

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

Swapping weeks with Pedro, as he is busy working on his RC bike for September world domination :ph34r:

Oakland Raceway, doors open from 5:30.

Week 1

1 BTCC (British Touring Cars Championship) - [Modern ERA Scalextric models - MG6, VW Passat, BMW 125, Honda Civic Type R]

2 Muscle Cars

3 1965 to 1980 sports

Could be the last run of the BTCC. 
Smithy, I’ll put your name in for BTCC, but further down the order,  even if you aren’t there for the start. 

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hi all.

A lot of tracks in Aussie run at 10 volts. I have raced in Perth at Syd's and another in Queensland track under these conditions. It did not seem to make a lot of difference enjoyment-wise.

When I first used my home track for club days I ran at 11volts but have since changed up to 12 volts. Mine is a very simple figure eight however so the Moslers for example could almost run flat out which seemed a bit pointless for that class at least.

On our main tracks (Bowman Raceway and Green Acres) we run at 12 volts and sometimes a bit more. They are both very grippy though. My experience with NSR and Policar F1is they handle so well a lesser voltage is not required but it might be good to start with. If slotties de-slot at 12 they may also do so at 10.5 in my opinion.

Good luck with whatever you chose. 

Regards Charles Le Breton

4 hours ago, slotmadmac said:

I'm out. Pity.  I was looking forward to 65/80.

We’ll leave you name in anyway…..”Marty’s ready” :lol:

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I won't make it tomorrow Mark.

Have a good run boys

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Snake, all the best for the confinement, and likely plague suffering.
For our part, we appreciated not getting a hiding from you on track :ph34r:

A good night of racing, Gary (Toyota) scored 4th place in the last ever round of BTCC - sorry, lost the photos of the results. Camera appears to be losing pictures - or the user his mind.

Class discussion - With 10 present, plus comments already made on forum by some who weren’t at club, we have a pretty strong consensus to drop the V8s, NASCAR, BTCC, and to merge GT1 with LMP into a “Modern Le Mans” class, and to introduce Pioneer Legends with the alloy wheel upgrades into the new 12 class, 4 week roster Mac proposed. 

For both NSR F1, and the upcoming Thunderslot Mustangs, we thought there was no need to make a decision right now, we can wait to have a look at some on track in the coming weeks, and then figure out how we might fit the F1 into the club rostering, or run as a club house class etc

For the Mustang, with Mac, Peter and the Bing clan at the very least, all having them on order, we will get a chance to see them on track, then kick around as a club how we might fit them into club. Gee, that was all pretty easy decided.

I have updated the roster and rules threads today.

Thanks all who came to race. The Indian platter did its trick. Amairah-Kate was born safely at 10:38pm, all doing well, especially the newly minted grandparents :D

"The Indian platter did its trick. Amairah-Kate was born safely at 10:38pm, all doing well, especially the newly minted grandparents"

Congratulations, special times ahead......nothing quite like being a grandparent.